Saturday, November 24, 2007

JOE FRANCIS SAYS, "JAILS GONE WILD!"


From the NY POST:

ovember 24, 2007 -- "GIRLS Gone Wild" crybaby Joe Francis continues his torture tour of America, now whining about how he supposedly suffered in an Oklahoma jail and revealing what went on behind bars in Panama City, Fla.

Francis - who's now in relative comfort in a third jail in Reno, Nev. - told Page Six, "I fear for my life if I have to go back there [Florida]. These are the same people that killed a 14-year-old boy," a reference to a February 2006 incident in which a teen died while being restrained by guards.

A Bay County medical examiner later said the boy died from internal bleeding due to sickle cell anemia.

"These are scary people down there. If I get sent back, they will retaliate. They killed that kid . . . I think I would have been dead or I'd be drooling in a cup," added Francis, who must return to the Florida jail if he posts bail in Nevada.

He said guards at the Florida jail, in addition to not giving him toilet paper or meals, forced him to wear ankle shackles that cut his skin and made him bleed in the shower.

"They treated me like I was a terrorist," he said. "They'd put my food just out of reach and laugh with each other, 'Oh, I guess Joe wasn't hungry today.' "

He said that he "hysterically cried" and screamed in his cell but that no one cared: "They had me next to a cop killer and Herman Harmon, who shot a guy in the head with a .38 then escaped from his cell."

He also said he was "tortured" in Oklahoma's Grady County Jail, where he stayed for three weeks while being transferred to a prison in Nevada. He claims guards threatened to strap him naked to a chair for 48 hours and refused to give him a blanket.

Francis is awaiting trial in Reno for federal tax evasion. In Florida, he faces charges for using minors in a sexual performance when two girls, then 17, were videotaped by his company in 2003 in a motel shower. It was later revealed the girls lied about their age.

He was jailed for contempt in Florida, and his bail was revoked when contraband was found in his cell. He has since elected to stay in jail in Reno rather than post bail there and be sent back to custody in Florida.

No comments: