Wednesday, November 21, 2007
3 RE-ARRESTED IN NATALEE HOLLAWAY CASE
Three young men previously detained as suspects in the 2005 disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway have been re-arrested in the case, the Aruban public prosecutor's office said Wednesday.
Holloway disappeared on May 30, 2005, hours before she was scheduled to fly home to Alabama after a high school graduation trip to this Dutch Caribbean resort island.
The 18-year-old was last seen in public leaving a bar with the three young men who now are again suspects in her disappearance.
Dutch teenager Joran van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, were arrested on suspicion of involvement in manslaughter and causing seriously bodily harm that caused the death of the American teenager, the prosecutor's office said in a statement.
"The public prosecutor's office has ordered their renewed arrest because further investigation into the disappearance has led to new incriminating evidence," the prosecutor's office said in the statement.
Van der Sloot was arrested in the Netherlands, where he is attending a university, and is expected to be extradited to Aruba. The Kalpoe brothers were arrested in Aruba.
All three young men previously have denied any role in Holloway's disappearance. The brothers were expected to appear in an Aruban court on Friday, when prosecutors planned to present new evidence to a judge.